The ASC industry is expanding in new directions, especially focused on orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Here are five recent partnerships between ASC companies and healthcare providers and payers that are trendsetting in the industry.
1. Physicians Endoscopy partnered with Cleveland-based University Hospitals to relicense a gastroenterology-focused outpatient department as an ASC. The partners opened UH North Ridgeville (Ohio) Endoscopy Center in May, which became the fourth ASC in the partnership.
2. In March, SurgCenter Development entered into an agreement with Humana that added more than 100 of the ASC company's centers to Humana's provider network. The move will provide coverage for total knee, hip and shoulder replacements at the ASCs. Across SurgCenter Development's portfolio of ASCs, surgeons have performed more than 38,000 joint replacements and Chief Development Officer Chris Urban, MD, said the company was in full growth mode for 2019.
3. NueHealth and Muve Health partnered with Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedics in February to integrate their care delivery models and platforms. The three companies formed a joint venture that is designed to replicate the success each have had in the Philadelphia market; Rothman has more than 200 physicians and 40 locations across Pennsylvania, new Jersey and New York. The partnership estimates adding five to seven Muve total joint and spine centers in the next two years.
4. United Surgical Partners partnered with Bozeman (Mont.) Health to develop a $20 million same-day surgery center. USPI will manage the joint venture center, which broke ground July 19, along with physician owners.
5. During the second half of 2018, USPI also secured a $23.46 million loan to build a surgery center in West Palm Beach, Fla., with New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery. The joint venture center will replace an apartment building near Good Samaritan Hospital, which is owned by Tenet, the same company that owns USPI.
To share your ASC's news on the Becker's website or highlight your expertise in a thought leadership Q&A, contact Laura Dyrda at email@example.com.