A recent Congressional Budget Office report found millions will be left without coverage and premiums will increase significantly if legislators dismantle the ACA through the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015.
Here are six findings:
1. During the first year of enacting the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015, the number of uninsured would increase by 18 million.
2. Once legislators eliminate Medicaid expansion eligibility and insurance subsidies through the ACA marketplaces, that figure will increase to 27 million.
3. The report projects 32 million could lose coverage by 2026.
4. In the first year following the reconciliation act's implementation, premiums for the non-group market would rally between 20 percent and 25 percent.
5. The CBO expects premiums to jump 50 percent in the year after legislators forgo Medicaid expansion and marketplace subsidies.
6. By 2026, the CBO expects premiums to double.