Here are five anesthesiologists in the headlines since Feb. 23:
- Andrew Gerstner, MD, an independent anesthesiologist and consultant, connected with Becker's to share how his decision to move to private practice has changed his career.
- Former Escondido, Calif.-based anesthesiologist Leng Ky was sentenced to 17 years in prison for sexually assaulting patients while they were unconscious.
- Pediatric anesthesiologist James Mooney, MD, is suing Atlanta-based Emory University for alleged bias after he was demoted during a sexual harassment investigation.
- Cardiothoracic anesthesiologist Austin Harris, MD, has been charged for participating in the Capitol riot that occurred Jan. 6, 2021.
- Kimberly Cantees, MD, clinical director for anesthesiology and perioperative medicine for UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh, spoke with Becker's to discuss her tips for running a successful ASC.