Here are seven orthopedics-driven ASCs that were opened or announced in March and April:
1. Canton, Ohio-based Omni Orthopedics will break ground on a surgery center April 27.
2. A group of surgeons opened Downeast Surgery Center in Bangor, Maine, April 17.
3. Muncie, Ind.-based Central Indiana Orthopedics began building a facility in MedTech Park, a 37-acre business development in Fishers, Ind.
4. The Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee — a partnership between Franklin, Tenn.-based Williamson Medical Center and more than a dozen orthopedic surgeons — is set to open April 29.
5. Albany, N.Y.-based OrthoNY opened OrthoNY Surgical Suites, a $5.3 million outpatient surgery center in Clifton Park, N.Y.
6. Concord (N.H.) Orthopaedics will occupy space in Concord Hospital's four-story medical office building addition opening next year. Concord Orthopaedics' surgery center will be on the bottom floor of Concord Hospital's $56 million, 53,000-square-foot medical office building.
7. An affiliation between Children's Hospital of New Orleans and Tulane University Medical School in New Orleans will result in several systemwide changes. Children's Hospital will absorb Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children's inpatient pediatric intensive care services. Lakeside hospital will shift its focus to providing adult intensive care and open an orthopedic surgery center.