Optum, parent company of ASC chain SCA Health, is the largest employer of physicians.
The company has made massive leadership moves since the start of the year, including promoting ASC leaders.
Here are five major leadership moves to know:
1. In October, Optum Insight CEO Neil de Crescenzo departed from his role after less than a year and was replaced by Roger Connor, UnitedHealth Group's executive vice president of enterprise operations and services.
2. In August, Heather Cianfrocco was named president of Optum after serving as CEO of Optum RX.
3. In July, Amar Desai, MD, was named CEO of Optum Health. He previously served as president of healthcare delivery at CVS Health before joining UnitedHealth Group as executive-in-residence in April.
4. In May, Susan Arthur was named president of Optum Global Advantage after serving as COO of Optum Insight.
5. In March, SCA Health's former CEO, Caitlin Zulla, was named CEO of Optum Health's east region. Jason Strauss was promoted from president to CEO of the company.