The United States added 235,000 jobs last month and the unemployment rate was flat, according to a report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Here are five things to know:
1. Healthcare employment was up 27,000 jobs in February.
2. Ambulatory health care services experienced the highest job gains with 18,000 jobs added.
3. Healthcare has added 375,000 jobs over the past 12 months.
4. The Federal Reserve is slowly beginning to raise interest rates in anticipation of inflation, making it more expensive to borrow or take risks, according to the New York Times.
5. The potential ACA repeal and replacement could lead to a slower job growth among hospitals and health systems, according to the Times report, as uncertainty about how implementation will affect the bottom line becomes more apparent.