Valeant Pharmaceuticals entered into a licensing agreement with Norgine for a bowel-cleansing oral solution used to prepare for colonoscopies.
Here are five notes:
1. Under the agreement, Valeant obtained the rights to develop and commercialize NER1006 in the United States and Canada.
2. NER1006 is a low-volume polyethylene glycol-based bowel preparation solution that Norgine developed to provide overall bowel cleansing, with an additional focus on the ascending colon in adults.
3. Valeant will file for U.S. regulatory approval for NER1006 in 2016. Norgine, a European company, has completed a Phase III clinical trial program for NER1006.
4. Norgine will manufacture and supply NER1006 for Valeant.
5. Financial terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.