Bridgewater, N.J.-based Clinical Genomics launched Colvera, a blood-based test for colorectal cancer recurrence monitoring.
Here's what you need to know.
1. Colvera is a qualitative test that indicates the presence or absence of two genes associated with CRC.
2. The test measures methylation in circulating tumor DNA.
3. In a study in Cancer Medicine Colvera detected two times the number of recurrence cases that carcinoembryonic antigen testing did, the standard test used.
4. CEO of Clinical Genomics Lawrence LaPointe, PhD, said Colvera can provide physicians with actionable information that could lead to improved outcomes.
5. Clinical Genomics is pursuing several research-based collaborations with leading academic and private cancer centers to expand the uses of Colvera.