Dublin, Ireland-based Allergan plans to invest $44 million into its Irish operations this year, the Irish Times reports.
Here's what you should know.
1. The investment will go towards developing and manufacturing branded medicines at the Westport, Ireland and Clonshaugh, Ireland facilities.
2. The pharmaceutical company produces most of its products in Ireland. The company employs approximately 1,700 people at its three facilities.
3. Allergan announced a $52,483 innovation award program, open to Ireland's citizens.
4. Allergan will serve as the official sponsor of the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open golf tournament.
5. Allergan has U.S. headquarters in Parsippany-Troy Hills, N.J.