University Medial Center in Tucson, Ariz., will soon open a $2 million endoscopy suite.
Here are five key notes:
1. The 7,800-square-foot center will offer minimally invasive gastrointestinal and pulmonary tests.
2. These tests include colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, endoscopic cholangiopancreatography, endoscopic ultrasound, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, liver biopsy, bronchoscopy and lung biopsy.
3. Steve Goldschmid, MD, will serve as medical director of the new facility.
4. Dr. Goldschmid focuses on the endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
5. The facility will be ready to accept patients from Dec. 18 onwards.