1. 8 payment updates for gastroenterologists to know Full story
2. Anonymous essay exposes physicians' secret misconduct Full story
3. NJ Digestive Health Center wins innovation award Full story
4. We are privileged
to have Dr. Dan Murrey, CEO of OrthoCarolina, provide a keynote speech at Becker's ASC 22nd Annual Meeting - The Business & Operations of ASCs. OrthoCarolina, with the help of Dr. Murrey and several other leaders, has grown from a single practice into one of the most important orthopedic and single-specialty groups in the country. The group and its team is thriving.
Come hear Dr. Murrey talk about how they organized for their future, what he sees ahead and how he views management and leadership. He will also touch on their ASC strategy. However, his talk goes much deeper than ASCs.
In addition to Dr. Murrey, the agenda includes approximately 100 sessions focused on the business and operations of ASCs. Sessions have also been added this year about the business and operations of spine, orthopedics, GI and pain management.
If you go to one ASC conference this year, go to this one. Click here to register today.
6. GI drugs to be excluded from CVS Caremark, Express Scripts coverage in 2016 Full story
7. Webinar: Learn the similarities and differences between HR outsourcing and group purchasing organizations. Click here learn more and register.
8. 5 most-read GI stories - Aug. 10 to Aug.14 Full story
9. GI physician leader to know: Dr. David Whitcomb of University of Pittsburgh Full story
10. Ask a gastroenterologist. This week's question: What advice do you have for gastroenterologists planning to leave hospital employment for independent practice? Email Carrie Pallardy at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a response.
Becker's 22nd Annual Meeting: The Business and Operations of ASCs
63 physician leaders and 59 administrators to speak
October 23-25, 2015