1. Cerner CEO Neal Patterson, 67, dies from cancer complications
2. Valeant pays down $811M in senior secured loans after Dendreon Pharma sale Full story
3. 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: July 3-July 7, 2017 Full story
4. Webinar: Learn how to improve organization productivity and efficiency in this upcoming webinar.
5. There are now close to 2,100 people signed up for Beckers Health IT + Revenue Cycle 2017 this Sept. This isn't HIMSS but we are just thrilled with the growth of our Health IT Meeting. Thank you to Helen Figge, BS, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Edward Marx, Daniel Barchi, Jake Dorst and so many others for their help and support. We are hoping this will be a great educational and networking event. And interesting!!! Contact Jessica Cole, Ryan Ciepley, Haley Jones or the great Alison Warner for more information.
6. 16 statistics on young physician compensation in 2017 Full story
7. Medstar hospital's poor safety ratings get limelight as it treats Rep. Steve Scalise Full story
8. Hospital for Special Surgery plans fall opening for surgery center - 3 insights Full story
9. New York hospital planning surgery center with GI focus - 4 key notes Full story
10. GI leader to know: Dr. D. Isaac Gaines of Gastroenterology Associates Full story
11. GI center to know: Utah Gastroenterology Full story
12. Dr. Scott Farquhar joins Georgia physician group - 3 insights Full story