1. Physician leaders balk at Medicare 4.48% physician fee cut Full story
2. Orthopedic surgeons leaving SSM Health will partner with HOPCo for independent group Full story
3. 10 surgeons on the most controversial trends in spine Full story
4. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
5. Orthopedic surgeon buys $2M Chicago church, plans to convert to community hub Full story
6. Jury awards $9.2M in botched spine surgery case Full story
7. CMS adds 4 new ASC covered procedures Full story
8. The state of the ASC industry: 3 earnings call notes from HCA, USPI & SCA Health Full story
9. Don't get lost in the details of coding, contracts & compliance. Demystify trends to maximize revenue cycle performance with tips from this expert session.
10. Proposed wRVUs for 9 spine procedures Full story
11. Artificial disc replacement by the numbers Full story
12. ASC that closed due to 'adverse business conditions' struggling to collect payments Full story
13. Amazon's $3B Q3 loss: What ASCs need to know Full story
14. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.
3. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.