|1. Cerner CEO Neal Patterson, 67, dies from cancer complications Full story
2. Hospital for Special Surgery plans fall opening for surgery center - 3 insights Full story
3. Operating in a hospital-driven town: Massachusetts Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers' Gregory DeConciliis on the ASC landscape moving forward Full story
4. Webinar: Learn how technology agility drives post-merger integration and value in this upcoming webinar.
5. There are now close to 2,100 people signed up for Beckers Health IT + Revenue Cycle 2017 this Sept. This isn't HIMSS but we are just thrilled with the growth of our Health IT Meeting. Thank you to Helen Figge, BS, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Edward Marx, Daniel Barchi, Jake Dorst and so many others for their help and support. We are hoping this will be a great educational and networking event. And interesting!!! Contact Jessica Cole, Ryan Ciepley, Haley Jones or the great Alison Warner for more information.
6. 16 statistics on young physician compensation in 2017 Full story
9. Medstar hospital's poor safety ratings get limelight as it treats Rep. Steve Scalise Full story
10. Atlanta Orthopaedic Institute collaborates with Practice Partners in Healthcare on ASC: 5 key notes Full story
11. Florida-based surgery center sells for $7.2M - 3 key notes Full story
12. ASC leader to know: Dr. Darrel Saldanha of Hyde Park Surgical Center Full story