1. Surgeon sues to break up IU Health's 'monopoly' on primary care, vascular surgery Full story
2. Former hospital pharmacist, whistleblower alleges he was fired for pointing out fraudulent ASC billing Full story
3. Illinois ASC, clinic says BCBSIL terminated contract without warning Full story
4. Surgery volumes are ramping up. Learn why healthcare orgs are tapping custom packs to improve OR efficiency here.
5. UnitedHealth Group's plan to drive more surgeries to ASCs Full story
6. Risk aversion, noncompliance + more: 8 internal threats ASCs should know Full story
7. State-by-state breakdown of 104 new ASCs in 2021 Full story
8. OIG advisory opinions ASCs need to know Full story
9. Lack of a strong data infrastructure stands in the way of cancer care improvements. Here's how health systems can change that.
10. Worst states for physicians to practice over the past 5 years: Medscape Full story
11. Inside the bad investments, financial loss for physicians last year Full story
12. How many gastroenterologists have $5M+ net worth? 5 stats Full story
13. RCM transformation — Lessons learned from Baptist Health Care and Barnabas Health. Click here to attend the virtual session.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare innovation isn’t going away after the pandemic. Download the 8 articles execs must read before successfully launching an innovation program.
2. Telehealth risk management: How to improve patient safety and reduce malpractice exposure. Click here to download the C-suite playbook.
3. Will technology solve healthcare’s racial bias problem? Download this whitepaper to find out.