Becker's ASC Podcast: Andrew Lovewell interview here.
1. HCA Healthcare faces suit alleging orthopedic surgery monopoly Full story
2. ASCs compete with Walmart, Target and others for staff as minimum wage jumps Full story
3. Feds seek public input in fighting anticompetitive mergers Full story
4. Incomplete identity management sabotages seamless experiences and disrupts loyalty. Learn the CDP data unification strategies shaping new hospital business models.
5. US hospital may take as many as 300 spine patients off surgery waiting list in Canada Full story
6. Top 5 cities for early-career ophthalmologist pay Full story
7. Cigna in the headlines: 5 updates in the last 30 days Full story
8. How a Michigan ASC is integrating old & new staff Full story
9. Outstanding claims hold your time and money in limbo. Get ahead on claim rejections and denials — learn how.
10. 5 interesting cardiology moves in the last year Full story
11. Florida legislation would clarify CRNAs' authority to administer anesthesia Full story
12. 7 ASC exec moves in the last month Full story
13. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cyberattack risks are high, but mitigation efforts can be reassuringly simple. See what they are here.
2. Recovering patient volume while staff are burnt out is a challenge. Support the return of pre-pandemic volumes with these best practices.
3. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt