Medical Facilities Corp. completed its acquisition of seven ASCs for $46.5 million through its joint venture with Leawood, Kan.-based NueHealth.
Here's what you should know:
1. The joint venture is 94.25 percent owned by MFC, with the purchase funded primarily by cash and by drawing on MFC's credit facility.
2. The joint venture acquired interests in:
- Brookside Surgery Center in Battle Creek, Mich.
- Central Arkansas Surgical Center in Russellville
- City Place Surgery Center in Creve Coeur, Mo.
- Eastwind Surgical in Westerville, Ohio
- Miracle Hills Surgery Center in Omaha, Neb.
- Riverview Ambulatory Surgical Center in Kingston, Penn.
- Two Rivers Surgery Center in Eugene, Ore.
3. The joint venture has 53 percent equity interest in the centers.
4. Through the agreement, NueHealth will provide day-to-day management and operational support to the centers.