CMS will terminate its Medicare provider agreement with Lags Surgery Center Oxnard (Calif.) at 12:01 a.m., Feb. 15.
Here's what you should know:
1. CMS found the Oxnard-based surgery center was "not in compliance with regulatory requirements for participation as an Ambulatory Surgery Center in the Medicare Program."
2. CMS will no longer provide payment for services to Medicare and/or Medicaid beneficiaries admitted after 12:01 a.m., Feb. 15.
3. Lags Medical Centers is a pain management group with 20 California locations and two Oregon locations.
4. Lags has seven physicians on staff.
5. Francis Lagattuta, MD, is the medical director for Lags Medical Centers. He has more than 20 years of experience.
6. Lag's Oxnard location focuses on diagnosing and treating chronic pain.
Note: A representative of Lags Surgery Center Oxnard was unavailable for comment before press time.