Five updates from Oakland, Calif.-based health system Kaiser Permanente:
1. The Joint Commission and National Quality Forum selected Kaiser Permanente Northern California as a recipient of their John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.
2. Kaiser Permanente and Intermountain were some of the earliest adopters of telemedicine. Here's a look into their telehealth strategy.
3. Kaiser Permanente's Colorado and Washington medical groups and health plan have agreed to a new organizational structure and operating model in these two markets.
4. Kaiser Permanente Ventures participated in a $115 million funding round for nurse staffing platform IntelyCare.
5. Kaiser Permanente Ventures, the health system's innovation investment arm, participated in a $66 million series C funding round for Osso VR, a virtual reality surgical training and assessment platform.