Inflection 360 Managing Partner Michael Roub, who has experience building and operating surgery centers, shared five strategies for keeping employees happy and reducing turnover.
Here are five tips:
1. Seek employees' input. Employees can provide suggestions for improvement in day-to-day operations while administrators can focus on big-picture matters. Implementing an open-door policy and soliciting anonymous feedback also improves employee satisfaction.
2. Offer constructive feedback. During performance evaluations, give staff members feedback that helps them grow in their jobs. Tell them how they can improve if they don't meet expectations.
3. Delegate responsibilities. Delegating tasks increases productivity in the long run, enabling managers to focus on higher-level strategies.
4. Provide schedule flexibility. Schedule flexibility allows employees to manage their responsibilities outside of work and makes them feel valued. Permit staff members to set their own schedules and/or work from home when possible to create happier, more productive employees.
5. Promote from within. Create opportunities for advancement to retain ambitious employees. Regularly hiring outside individuals for management positions will discourage the best employees and send them job hunting.
Click here to read about these strategies in detail.