Fidelity, a mutual fund, led a $400 million investment in the health insurance company, Oscar, according to Forbes.
Here are five insights:
1. Fidelity's investment values Oscar at $2.7 billion, up nearly $1 billion from September 2015.
2. In September, Google Capital invested $32.5 million in Oscar.
3. Over the last year, Oscar has increased its customer base from 40,000 to 145,000.
4. Each year, Oscar makes an average of $5,000 per customer, placing revenue near $750 million.
5. The payer lost $120 million in 2015 due to medical bills and growing operating costs.
More articles on coding & billing:
AMA, physicians seek more regulation on provider networks — 5 highlights
What is the real retirement cost for healthcare? 4 things to know
Possible link between health insurance status and head and neck cancer diagnoses: Study — 3 points