The GOP claims the Obama administration is disregarding subpoenas for certain Affordable Care Act documents, according to The Hill.
Here are five key points:
1. The Republicans want to view documents they believe unveil illegal ACA spending involving the Basic Health Program.
2. Republicans argue the Obama administration has given funds to help states offer alternative insurance options under the program, despite Congress not appropriating the money.
3. The Obama administration responded by saying it possesses a permanent appropriation under the ACA section including tax credits. The GOP fired back by arguing the permanent appropriation applies only to tax credits.
4. The Ways and Means Committee as well as the Energy and Commerce Committee issued the subpoenas on March 29.
5. Since issuing the subpoenas, HHS has only offered one document, which the Republicans argue is edited.