The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Education Tool: 'Being Involved in Your Surgical Procedure' Brochure
The Ohio Patient Safety Institute offers a free, downloadable brochure encouraging patients to become involved in their surgical procedure and care.
The brochure, "The Vital Patient: Being involved in Your Surgical Procedure," addresses steps patients should take before their surgery, on the day of their surgery (focusing primarily on correct site and "time-out" steps) and after surgery.
Download the OPSI's "The Vital Patient" brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Education Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisitionRead Now
- Inpatient utilization expected to continue dropping
- 4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisition
- New Bradley ASC may move orthopedics in 2 years
- Bridging the generational gap: Understanding older & younger surgeon perspectives
- Over-the-scope clip placement effective, safe for GI defects