Patient Education Tool: 'Being Involved in Your Surgical Procedure' Brochure
The Ohio Patient Safety Institute offers a free, downloadable brochure encouraging patients to become involved in their surgical procedure and care.
The brochure, "The Vital Patient: Being involved in Your Surgical Procedure," addresses steps patients should take before their surgery, on the day of their surgery (focusing primarily on correct site and "time-out" steps) and after surgery.
Download the OPSI's "The Vital Patient" brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Education Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Eastern Massachusetts Surgery Center receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career