Patient Education Tool: 'Being Involved in Your Surgical Procedure' Brochure
The Ohio Patient Safety Institute offers a free, downloadable brochure encouraging patients to become involved in their surgical procedure and care.
The brochure, "The Vital Patient: Being involved in Your Surgical Procedure," addresses steps patients should take before their surgery, on the day of their surgery (focusing primarily on correct site and "time-out" steps) and after surgery.
Download the OPSI's "The Vital Patient" brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Education Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
4 best patient satisfaction care tips for ASCsRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting