Patient Education Tool: Coloring & Activity Book for Children About Anesthesia and Surgery
The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists provides a free, downloadable coloring and activity book for children about to undergo anesthesia and surgery.
The 27-page book, "Sweet Dreams at the Hospital," is written by Marjorie Stamler Bergemann, CRNA, an AANA member, and illustrated by Karen Monckton. The book includes pictures to color, a connect-the-dots game, a "hospital adventure" maze and a picture-word match game.
Although the theme of the coloring and activity book is based on a hospital visit, the information about anesthesia and surgery is applicable to most surgical settings, according to the AANA.
The book can be downloaded in English (pdf) or Spanish (pdf). Single copies may be obtained free of charge from the AANA Bookstore, and quantities can be purchased at cost. To order, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Anesthesia:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 things to know about self-insured employers
- University of Cincinnati College of Nursing receives grant for collaborative program: 5 notes
- 4 things to know about Preferred Surgicenter opening in Illinois
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Elham Afghani of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Do adults & children with celiac disease have similar responses to gluten? 5 key notes