Here are five Becker's ASC Review articles covering ASC supply chain management:
1. The biggest ASC supply chain struggles + 3 effective management tools
Ashley Verbitsky, executive director of Langhorne, Pa.-based Ambulatory Surgery Center at St. Mary's, discussed her biggest pain points in supply chain management and how she's tackling the toughest challenges.
2. GI center supply chain management — The big pain points and how Yuma Endoscopy Center is becoming more efficient, cost-effective
Beverly Bryant, MSN-RN, CASC, administrator and director of Yuma (Ariz.) Endoscopy Center, discusses the biggest challenges and opportunities in the center's supply chain management.
3. Here's what the value-based care shift means for ASC supply chains: 2 Qs with Johnson & Johnson expert
For ASCs — where inventory management looks much different compared to hospitals — the shift to value-based care comes with big opportunities and risks, said Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems' Ruben Taborda, senior director of supply chain customer solutions.
4. Inventory management & other supply chain challenges: 3 Qs with ASC expert Lacey Dyer
Surgical Investors and Advisors Vice President of Clinical Operations Lacey Dyer, RN, BSN, is an expert in selecting and purchasing equipment, instrumentation and supplies specific to ASCs. With more 15 years of consulting experience in ASCs, Ms. Dyer shared her insights on inventory management.
5. How ASCs can improve resource procurement: Tips from Rheaply CEO Garry Cooper
One of the biggest problems in ASC supply chain management is the tendency to manage inventory based on fill capacity, according to Rheaply CEO and Co-founder Garry Cooper, PhD. Dr. Cooper explained common ASC supply chain challenges.