Here are eight updates on the orthopedic industry to know that Becker's has reported since April 7:
1. DISC Surgery Center at Newport Beach (Calif.) was recognized by the Validation Institute for its complex spine outcomes.
2. Sonny Gill, MD, an orthopedic spine surgeon at Vail, Colo.-based Steadman Clinic, was appointed the head team physician for the U.S. men's and women's freestyle ski team. He will serve in the role through the 2026 Olympics in Milan, Italy.
3. The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care has updated its three-year standards for orthopedic practices seeking an advanced orthopedic certification. Here is what to know about the updates.
4. Becker's asked the artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT to name the best orthopedic care center in the United States. Here is what it had to say.
5. From a Stryker executive to the founder of Globus Medical, eight Americans who earned their wealth from orthopedics- and spine-related ventures have been named to Forbes' annual "World's Billionaires List." Meet them here.
6. Detroit-based Henry Ford Health appointed orthopedic surgeon and shoulder specialist Jonathan Braman, MD, as its chair and medical director of orthopedic services.
7. Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedic Institute and Conner Strong & Bucklew, an insurance brokerage and employee benefits consulting firm, have partnered to form Rothman Direct, a service for scheduling appointments.
8. Three orthopedic surgeons connected with Becker's to discuss what they are most afraid of.