Seaside Surgery Center in Naples, Fla., posted all-inclusive package pricing for orthopedic surgeries on its website Dec. 20.
"No other orthopedic ambulatory surgery center serving the five-county area of Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades has taken a step in this direction," said the ASC's Co-Founder, CEO and Medical Director Robert Zehr, MD. "We're excited to take the lead in offering bundled, transparent package pricing for four of our most popular procedures."
Here are five things to know:
1. The procedure prices posted online include:
● Knee arthroscopy: $4,000
● Partial knee replacement: $22,500
● Total knee replacement: $23,700
● Total hip replacement: $24,900
2. The package price for each procedure includes the facility fee, surgeon fee, anesthesiologist fee and surgical assistant fees. The bundled price also includes hardware, such as implants, radiology, physical therapy and uncomplicated follow-up.
3. Seaside will apply the bundled pricing for typical cases, but if there is an unforeseen emergency or unknown reason for extended postoperative recovery, the center will assess additional charges.
4. Patients taking advantage of the packaged price must pay upfront in full before surgery.
5. Dr. Zehr developed a companion page on his private practice website to explore whether there would be interest in his center for destination medicine. "It's a critical component to enticing international patients," he said. "In Southwest Florida, we have the hospitality infrastructure and the natural resources to combine with leading orthopedic surgeons and innovative facilities like Seaside to create the perfect environment for medical tourism to thrive."