The use of information technology is seeing major growth in the U.S. healthcare industry, and it is no secret that health IT will form the foundation of value-based healthcare delivery.
Here are five key trends in the health IT market, according to a report released by Market Research Store:
• The healthcare IT market in the United States is estimated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 6.01 percent from 2015 to 2019.
• A key market driver is increased adoption of mobile devices.
• Market challenges include security risks related to confidential patient data.
• A key market trend is increased demand for advanced analytics tools.
• Key vendors in the market include Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, athenahealth, CareFusion and Cerner.