Here are six hospitals and health systems that have opened or have plans to open ASCs that Becker's has reported on since June 20:
1. Gaithersburg, Md.-based Adventist HealthCare opened an ASC at its National Harbor, Md., location.
2. Lawrenceville, Ga.-based Northside Hospital Gwinnett is expanding outpatient care in the region through the construction of several new medical office buildings and an ASC.
3. Boston-based New England Baptist Hospital partnered with Constitution Surgery Alliance and 15 orthopedic surgeons to convert its existing hospital-based surgical facility in Dedham, Mass., to an ASC.
4. Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital will open the Geisinger Surgery Center-Highland Park in Mifflin County, Pa.
5. Greenwich (Conn.) Hospital and Yale New Haven (Conn.) Children's Hospital held a ribbon-cutting for their new pediatric ASC.
6. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health opened its seventh ASC in the state with a location in Murray, Utah.