Andrew Hayek is the chairman and CEO for one of the leading U.S. ASC management companies — Deerfield, Ill.-based Surgical Care Affiliates.
Here are six things to know about Mr. Hayek:
1. He joined the company in 2008 as president and CEO.
2. Mr. Hayek will continue leading SCA and the Optum platform following the companies' merger.
3. He was the president of a Denver-based DaVita Healthcare Partners' division.
4. Mr. Hayek's healthcare experience is extensive, previously serving as president and COO of Anaheim, Calif.-based Alliance Healthcare Services.
5. He is a 2014 Henry Crown Fellow of Washington, D.C.-based Aspen Institute. The Henry Crown Fellowship Program aims to develop community-driven leaders.
6. Mr. Hayek earned a bachelor of arts from Yale University in New Haven, Conn.