Redwood City, Calif.-based C2 Therapeutics presented data from four separate clinical studies at Digestive Disease Week 2016 that found the company's CryoBalloon Focal Ablation System to be safe and effective.
Here are three takeaways:
1. The four abstracts were titled:
- "Multifocal Nitrous Oxide Cryoballoon Ablation With or Without Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) for Treatment of Neoplastic Barrett's Esophagus (BE): Preliminary Results of a Prospective Trial in Treatment-Naive and Previously Ablated Patients"
- "Nitrous Oxide Cryotherapy for Treatment of Esophageal Squamous Cell Neoplasia (ESCN): Initial Multicenter International Experience with a Novel Portable Cryoballoon Focal Ablation System (CbFAS)"
- "Efficacy and Safety of the CryoBallon Focal Ablation System (CBFAS) for the Eradication of Dysplastic Barrett's Esophagus Islands"
- "Use of the Cryoballoon Focal Ablation System for the Eradication of Esophageal Neoplasia: A Single-Center Experience"
2. The CryoBalloon Focal Ablation System is a through-the-scope device that an inert refrigerant simultaneously inflates and cools from a small disposable handheld unit.
3. Founded in 2007, C2 Therapeutics is a medical device company focused on improving methods of eliminating unwanted tissue in endoscopic applications.