Here are five things to know about gastroenterologist savings, income and assets, according to Medscape Gastroenterology Lifestyle Report 2016: Bias and Burnout.
• Sixty-seven percent of male and 61 percent of female gastroenterologists say they have adequate savings or more and no debt.
• Twenty-eight percent of male and 33 percent of female gastroenterologists report having minimal savings, unmanageable debt or both.
• Around 51 percent of male gastroenterologists and 42 percent of their female peers believe that their income and assets are sufficient to support their life goals.
• One-third of both men and women (38 percent and 36 percent, respectively) say that their income and assets aren't enough right now, but they expect them to become sufficient in the future to support their goals
• Approximately 11 percent of male and 21 percent of female gastroenterologists have no hope that their income and assets will ever be sufficient.