Check-Cap announced new data on its non-invasive system for preparation-free examination of the colon.
Here are five things to know:
1. The study evaluated data from 49 volunteers and tracked the entire passage of Check-Cap's capsule system through the alimentary tract.
2. The system uses radio frequency telemetry and Check-Cap's proprietary capsule position tracking system.
3. In the study, all capsules were swallowed naturally without adverse events, and there was a 100 percent capsule excretion rate.
4. The study results represent a preliminary analysis of the first patients evaluated in Check-Cap's ongoing multi-center clinical evaluation.
5. The study aims to further evaluate the Check-Cap system's efficacy in the detection of pre-cancerous polyps.