Fujifilm launched its new Eluxemo endoscopy system at United European Gastroenterology Week 2016.
Here's what you should know.
1. The highlight of the new device is the 4-LED Multi Light technology system.
2. The image-enhanced endoscopy system provides "superior visualization and differentiation of mucosal surfaces and vessel structures within the gastrointestinal tract," according to the company.
3. In the new light system, physicians can switch between white light, blue light imaging and linked color imaging.
Prof. Alessandro Repici, director of the endoscopy unit at the Humanitas Research Hospital in Milan, said the ability to switch lights makes the device's lights facilitate "the identification of lesions, inflammations and early stages of colorectal cancers, makes diagnosis easier and more precise and thus contributes to improved patient outcomes."
4. The system supports 135x multi xoom and features a smaller bending radius and a flexibility adjuster.
5. Fujifilm targeted key European markets for its rollout.