1. St. Mary's Hospital settles lawsuit related to endoscopy death; investigation of gastroenterologist closed: 6 things to know Full story
2. SK&A ranks top 25 health systems by number of physicians
3. Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection - 10 takeaways Full story
4. Webinar: What are the requirements for electronic prescriptions for controlled substances and how can you leverage that investment for other needed two factor authentication use cases? To learn more, click here.
5. How a military approach helped a facility achieve a 95%+ hand hygiene compliance rate: 3 key insights Full story
6. 5 key GI payment updates from proposed CMS 2017 fee schedule Full story
7. Webinar: How is robotics evolving? Insights from Dr. Dennis Devito and Dr. Kornelis Poelstra. To learn more and register, click here.
10. How CHS, Tenet, UHS, LifePoint and HCA fared in Q2 Full story
8. Health IT cost per physician surpasses $32k each year; expenses up 40%+ since 2009: 5 things to know Full story
9. Diagnostic colonoscopy cost in Australia, South Africa, US & more: 7 notes Full story
11. Schwarzenegger, Leno and Bush, Plus 230+ Great Hospital Executives Speaking. The Becker's Hospital Review 8th Annual Meeting next April 17 to 20 will include Arnold, Jay and 230+ hospital leaders, including some great keynotes. The brochure will be on line shortly. George W. Bush will speak at the 3rd Annual CIO/HIT + Revenue Cycle Conference in July 2017. The agenda for this meeting is being developed soon. Should you have questions about either meeting, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's ASC 23rd Annual Meeting: The Business and Operations of ASCs
October 27-29, 2016
to learn more and register.