Here are nine financial notes from three of the largest ASC chains for the second quarter of 2023:
1. USPI's operating revenue hit $942 million in the second quarter of 2023.
2. Tenet's $123 million net income in the second quarter of 2023 is an increase of $85 million over the company's net income in the second quarter of 2022 — driven by surgical case growth, acquisition and opening of new facilities, service line growth, and improved price yielding.
3. Net operating revenue increased 22.2 percent compared to the second-quarter 2022 figure.
1. Optum saw a 25 percent increase in revenue to $56.3 billion.
2. Optum's operating earnings grew 13 percent to $3.7 billion.
3. The company's operating margin of 6.6 percent compares to 7.3 percent in the prior year.
1. Surgery Partners reported $667.6 million quarterly revenue, up 8.5 percent year over year. The revenue reporting included an $8 million "cyber event" headwind.
2. Same-facility revenue was up 8.3 percent and hit $4,302 per case.
3. Net income attributable to the company hit $18.9 million for the second quarter, compared to an $18.4 million loss over the same period last year.