Tenet Healthcare's second quarter net income hit $123 million, according to its financial report published July 31.
Here are four more ASC takeaways:
1. Tenet's $123 million net income in the second quarter of 2023 is an increase of $85 million over the company's net income in the second quarter of 2022.
2. Net operating revenues of United Surgical Partners International, Tenet's ambulatory care segment, was $942 million in the second quarter of 2023.
3. Net operating revenue increased 22.2 percent compared to the second quarter 2022 figure — driven by surgical case growth, acquisition and opening of new facilities, service line growth and improved price yielding.
4. Same-facility systemwide surgical cases were up 6.6 percent in the quarter and 7.2 percent since the start of 2023. Net revenue per case was up 2.9 percent for the quarter.
5. USPI now has ownership in 455 ASCs and 24 surgical hospitals in 35 states.