United Surgical Partners International has more than 475 surgery centers, the most of any ASC chain.
Here are five notes pointing to USPI's ASC growth:
1. USPI added three ASCs in the first quarter and completed two post-transaction buy-ups.
2. The company is seeing physicians coming to USPI "wanting to initiate their first orthopedics de novo work in our centers either through new center development or joining existing centers," Dr. Sutaria said, indicating demand for ASC-based orthopedics.
3. Tenet Healthcare, parent company of USPI, will pump $250 million into ASC mergers and acquisitions, the company said Feb. 9 during its fourth-quarter earnings call.
4. USPI's number of ASCs has grown 116 percent since 2011.
5. USPI aims to acquire 77 to 90 ASCs through 2025, and develop 30 to 40 new centers in partnership with SurgCenter Development.