Becker's ASC Review has covered the closing of 16 ASCs this year. They include:
- Joint-venture Methodist North Surgery Center closing in January
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare's Methodist North Surgery Center closed in January. The health system and surgery center are both in Memphis, Tenn.
- Laser Spine Institute shuts its doors, closes 3 ASCs
Laser Spine Institute closed three surgical centers and reduced its operating cost structure in the six months before its closure in March.
- Ohio ASC to close, reopen as joint venture
Sandusky, Ohio-based Firelands Regional Medical Center closed its ASC and will reopen it in the fall in collaboration with NOMS Healthcare and Fisher-Titus Medical Center in Norwalk, Ohio.
- Physician buys 2 Illinois ASCs' assets for $50K after one halts operations
An Illinois partnership shut down Belleville (Ill.) Surgical Center and sold Physicians' Surgical Center to Shakeel Ahmed, MD, after both Belleville-based facilities lost surgeons to local hospital groups.
- Surgical company seeks $15M investments for 10 closed surgery centers
Worldwide Surgical Solutions, a company that designs and builds surgical facilities, is seeking investors for 10 surgery centers in Texas that have closed down.