Beginning Dec. 31, 2015, Physicians Endoscopy and the physicians of DeKalb Gastroenterology Associates formed a joint venture relationship.
Here are five things to know about the partnership.
1. Physicians Endoscopy acquired a minority interest in the GI group's DeKalb Endoscopy Center in Decatur, Ga.
2. The single-specialty GI center houses three procedure rooms. It has been open since 1991.
3. The surgery center hosts more than 5,000 procedures each year.
4. DeKalb Endoscopy Center is Physicians Endoscopy's 40th ASC.
5. "Physicians Endoscopy deals only with ambulatory endoscopy centers. We welcome their experience and expertise in addressing management and regulatory challenges in a changing practice environment. Their presence should help us to focus on our primary mission, which is to deliver high quality and compassionate care," said Dekalb Gastroenterology Associates physician Mark Stern, MD.