The American Hospital Association's Health Research & Educational Trust offers 10 free patient safety checklists developed by Cynosure Health that healthcare organizations can use to improve patient safety.
The checklists, which are included in the new report "Checklists to improve patient safety," address the 10 areas of patient harm that are targets of the Partnership for Patients Hospital Engagement Networks:
1. Adverse drug events
2. Catheter-associated urinary tract infections
3. Central line-associated blood stream infections
4. Early elective deliveries
5. Injuries from falls and immobility
6. Hospital-acquired pressure ulcers
7. Preventable readmissions
8. Surgical site infections
9. Ventilator-associated pneumonias and ventilator-associated events
10. Venous thromboembolisms
Each checklist includes the top 10 evidence-based interventions to reduce harm.
Download the 10 checklists for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.