Blue Belt Technologies has partnered with SurgCenter Development.
Here are five things to know:
1. The partnership will enable SurgCenter Development locations to develop orthopedic robotics programs with Blue Belt Technologies' Navio Surgical System.
2. The Navio system is a robotics-assisted technology for partial knee replacement procedures.
3. The system does not require a pre-operative CT scan and using it, surgeons can create patient-specific surgical plans.
4. Greg D'Angelo, MD, of Bluegrass Orthopaedic and Hand Care, Lexington, Ky., and Sridhar Durbhakula, MD, of Piccard Surgery Center, Rockville, Md., will be the first physician partners of SurgCenter Development to take advantage of the program.
5. SurgCenter Development is a developer of de novo physician-owned ASCs.