The minimally invasive spine market is thriving, with the market likely to total $842.2 million by 2023, a ReportsnReports analysis found, according to medGadget.
Here are five things to know:
1. Surgeons performing more procedures on an outpatient basis is fueling market growth.
2. An increasing aging poopulation, coupled with surgeons opting for MIS techniques over open surgery, is also driving MIS market expansion.
3. In 2016, the market totaled $512.6 million.
4. The Middle East and Asia are expected to be the fastest growing segments, with Europe being the slowest segment with a 5.5 percent compound annual growth rate.
5. Companies operating in the market include Medtronic, DePuy and NuVasive.