To stay independent, six of the largest independent medical groups in Ohio formed the Ohio Independent Collaborative, according to MD News.
Here are five notes:
1. Gary Pinta, MD, serves as the president.
2. The OIC has more than 800 participating physicians.
3. The physician group is comprised of six member groups including Central Ohio Primary Care, Northern Ohio Medical Specialists Healthcare, Pioneer Physicians Network, Premier Physicians, The Toledo Clinic and Unity Health Network.
4. In 2000, 57 percent of physicians were independent in the United States.
5. Presently, only 36 percent of physicians are independent.
More healthcare news:
Global bariatric surgery devices market to reach $2.8B by 2022: 7 key trends
SCA CEO Andrew Hayek sells 13k+ shares: 5 points
ASC income statement: 20 statistics for ASCs under 3k cases per year