A new report from Transparency Market Research examines the ambulatory surgery center and emergency center markets.
Here are five key trends from the report:
1. The ambulatory surgery and emergency centers provide outpatient care to those who don’t require hospitalization. Insurance companies are looking to capitalize on industry growth, according to the report.
2. Efficiency at surgery centers, especially single specialty centers, is driving industry growth. The typical wait times at ASCs are less than 30 minutes.
3. Improved postoperative pain management has reduced length of stay and allowed more procedures to head into the outpatient setting. Better minimally invasive surgical techniques are also encouraging these procedures to go outpatient.
4. Large companies are trying to build centers with more services instead of freestanding centers so they can achieve economies of scale and competitive edge. Physician practice management companies are also investing in smaller single specialty centers to fuel market growth.
5. Birthing centers are becoming more popular and being built next to freestanding single specialty ASCs and emergency centers.