Researchers analyzed the amount of shares of ACA-compliant nongroup insurance premiums for various health service categorizes, including care in outpatient facilities, according to a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation study.
Here is the breakdown of essential heath benefits as a share of total nongroup premiums in 2017.
• Office-based care: 30 percent
• Prescription drugs: 22 percent
• Outpatient facility care: 17 percent
• Inpatient care : 15 percent
• Emergency room care: 8 percent
• Maternity/newborn care: 6 percent
• Rehabilitative/habiltative care: 2 percent
• Pediatric dental and vision care: 1 percent