Certified registered nurse anesthetists consistently outearn their advanced practice peers, according to Medscape's "APRN Compensation Report 2022," released Nov. 11.
Medscape surveyed 2,618 advanced practice registered nurses between May 2 and July 26. Read more about the methodology here.
Here are five key statistics on CRNA pay:
- CRNA total annual earnings hit $217,000 in 2021, with base compensation at $197,000.
- Average annual compensation for salaried CRNAs was $225,000 in 2021.
- Sixty-six percent of CRNAs saw an income increase from 2020 to 2021, while 26 percent said their income remained the same and 8 percent reported a decrease.
- Sixty-seven percent of CRNAs said they feel fairly compensated.
- Seventy percent of CRNAs have a master's degree and 24 percent have a doctoral degree.