ASCs should partner with anesthesia groups that are experienced working in outpatient ambulatory settings, according to Amin Azam, CEO of Sedaze Anesthesia Consultants in Concord, Calif.
Five questions Mr. Azam recommends asking anesthesia groups:
1. Do your policies and procedures integrate enhanced recovery after surgery protocols?
2. What's your criteria for canceling or rescheduling cases?
3. Are your providers familiar with regulations for ambulatory surgical facilities?
4. How do you interact and communicate with patients?
5. What kinds of anesthetics does your company offer?
More articles on anesthesia:
Managing anesthesia services in ASCs — 5 top problems + solutions
5 questions to ask ASC anesthesia providers
CRH Medical acquires Florida gastroenterology anesthesia practice — 3 insights