Omaha's Methodist Hospital Plans $75M Surgery Center
Omaha's Methodist Hospital has announced plans for a $75 million surgery center, according to a Livewell Nebraska report.
The construction project, which will begin early next year, is the latest upgrade of surgical space among area hospitals. Nebraska Medical Center and several hospitals in the Alegent Creighton Health system have undergone operating room renovations over the past several years.
The Methodist project will increase the number of pre-op and recovery rooms from 32 to 44 and increase the number of operating rooms from 12 to 15. The hospital is apparently respond to a shift towards outpatient care in the healthcare industry.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
AOK Spine and Pain Surgery Center Opens in Houston
Louisiana's Zachary Surgical Center Celebrates One-Year Anniversary
AmSurg Set to Acquire Majority of IL's Glen Endoscopy Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 Trends Shaping the Present & Future of Gastroenterology
- 8 Ideas on Public Relations Programs for ASCs Without Large Marketing Budgets From Central Maine Orthopaedics
- Perceived Value and Longevity for Surgical Specialties and CONs
- Job Opening: Director, Revenue Management at Surgical Care Affiliates
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs