Merritt Healthcare Closes Boston Endoscopy Transaction in Wellesley Hills
BEC selected AmSurg as a partner and the transaction was approved by the Massachusetts Department of Health in November. Dr. Myron Falchuk of Boston Endoscopy comments, "We began our quest to find a corporate partner for our endoscopy center about one year ago. The complexity of the effort required to come to a decision left us wondering how we would come to a successful conclusion. Merritt and the Searles brothers came to our attention and their help was key for us. They were instrumental in focusing our vision, bringing multiple potential partners for our review, and showing us who the optimal partner was based on many variables that included longevity, strength in the field, and pricing. AmSurg did stand out as the right one for our Center and we were able to successfully conclude our process."
Merritt Healthcare maintains an active advisory service guiding ASCs, endoscopy center and hospitals in the sale and acquisitions of healthcare facilities.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
6 Considerations for ASC & Hospital Joint Ventures
17 Statistics on ASC Physician-Related Valuation Risk Factors
Seavest Properties Purchases Beaumont Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets
- NeuroSpine Institute of Orlando’s Global Microsurgical Center of Orlando receives accreditation: 5 key notes
- Australia awards 1st patent for MRSA detection technology: 5 key points